Beetroot veggie burger
A healthy modern burger for everyone. Beetroot is a great choice for a meat-free vegan burger.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 raw beetroots, peeled and grated
1 courgette, grated
2 large carrots, peeled and grated
100g porridge oats
400g tin chickpeas, drained
3 tbsp tahini
1 large free-range egg yolk
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the beetroot burger, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Retigo bake GN container using Retigo combi oven on hot air 180°C with an open flap valve.
2. Fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add the grated vegetables and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, or until soft.
4. Place the oats, chickpeas, tahini and egg yolk in a food processor and pulse to combine. Tip the mixture into a bowl and stir in the grated vegetables, spring onions and coriander. Season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the mixture into six and shape it into burgers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
6. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Retigo snack GN container. Cook the burgers, in the Retigo combi oven, for 3 minutes on each side, using 170°C on hot air with a flap valve on an automatic 40%.
7. To serve, lightly toast the sourdough buns and top each base with hummus, avocado, red cabbage, a beetroot burger and the bun lid.
Enjoy your burger!