Fillet of cod with lemon gnocchi, peas and chorizo sauce
Cod is a round fish which lives in cold / salt water and is generally wild caught but can also be farmed. The majority of Cod is caught in the North East Atlantic.
potatoes 500 g
coarse salt 500 g
egg 1 pcs
flour 50 g
cod fillet 4 pcs
peas 200 g
chorizo 100 g
shallot 1 pcs
white wine 50 ml
cream 100 ml
milk 50 ml
salt and pepper
- Bake the skin-on potatoes on a GN container covered with coarse salt, using hot air mode at 150°C for 60 minutes.
- Once cooked, peel them and cool down in a blast chiller.
- Once chilled, mince them, add egg, flour, salt and pepper and lemon zest.
- Make gnocchi and cook them on steam mode at 99°C for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the shallot into a small pieces and chorizo into small cubes.
- In a pot fry the chorizo, at the end add shallot. Once fried add the white wine, reduce down, add cream, reduce down and add the milk. Warm it up, strain it and put it aside.
- Steam the fish and peas on a steam mode at 99°C.
- Mash the cooked peas adding orange juice and salt and pepper.
- To serve the cod, place the peas on the bottom of the plate, cooked and seasoned cod place on the top of the peas, gnocchi around the peas and mix the sauce with a stick blender.