Roasted Jerusalem artichokes with sweetcorn and chanterelles
This roasted artichoke recipe is full of earthy flavours and perfect as a side for a roast dinner.
1kg Jerusalem artichokes, washed and cut in half lengthways
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 tbsp butter
600g golden chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and rinsed
4 pcs finely chopped shallots
6 tbsp roasted pinenuts
bunch lovage leaves, picked and roughly chopped
1. Preheat the Retigo combi oven to 180°C.
2. Drizzle the artichokes with the oil and sprinkle with some salt. Roast for 20 minutes, until golden-brown and soft in the middle.
3. Meanwhile, add vision bake GN container with the sweetcorn and fry for about 7 minutes. The corn is ready when it’s shiny and slightly charred. Season with salt.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a pan and fry the chanterelles until golden brown. Season with salt.
5. Add the remaining butter to another pan and heat over medium-high heat, until brown and nutty, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and pour into a cold pan to stop the cooking process. Allow to cool slightly, then add the chopped shallots. Keep warm.
6. Remove the artichokes from the oven and gently crush them with a potato masher.
7. Transfer the artichokes to a serving dish, top with the corn, chanterelles, roasted hazelnuts, lovage and drizzle over the brown butter before serving.