Vegetable puff pastry
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 medium potato, diced
• 1 carrot, diced
• 50g of green beans, chopped
• 50g of peas
• 1 tbsp of ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
• 320g of puff pastry, pre-rolled
• 1 egg yolk, beaten
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1. Place a thick-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add the sliced onions and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the ginger and garlic pastes. Stir well for 2 minutes, then add salt, turmeric and chilli powder and fry for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and carrots to the pan. Once almost cooked through and tender, add the beans, green peas, cumin powder and crushed coriander seeds.
4. Cook over a high heat, stirring regularly until the vegetable mixture is quite dry. Remove from the heat, transfer to a plate and set aside. This can be prepared in advance.
5. Preheat the Retigo combi oven to 180°C on hot air mode with a 50 % flap valve.
6. Allow the pastry sheet to soften slightly, then unwrap on a chopping board and cut in half lengthways. Spoon the vegetable mix along with one of the long sides of the pastry.
7. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, brush the edges of the prepared sheet lightly. Lift the pastry from underneath the filling and roll over to seal in the vegetables.
8. Press the edges gently together to form a sausage roll shape.
9. Cut the roll into (approximately) 3cm long parcels. Gently lift the puffs onto an enamelled GN container. Dip the pastry brush into the whisked egg yolk and use to brush the top of the puffs.
10. Bake for 15 minutes.